Newington Physiotherapy provides exercise physiology with an accredited practitioner, Annabel Brennan.
Exercise physiology provides specialised support and exercise prescription for the prevention and management of chronic disease and injury.
Accredited exercise physiologists (AEP) prescribe individual exercise programs for clients with diabetes, cancer, pulmonary disease, cardiovascular conditions and mental heath.
Exercise programs can be completed in an individual or group setting. Various exercise modalities are used within the clinic including Pilates apparatus, weights and resistance bands. Home programs are often utilised.
An AEP can assist with:
• Heart health
• Rehabilitation following a cardiac event
• Improve chronic musculoskeletal conditions
• Control pre diabetes and diabetes and metabolic syndrome
• Improve recovery from cancer treatment
• Improve general well being and quality of life
If you would like to learn more or believe you may benefit from an assessment with Annabel please do not hesitate to contact our friendly reception team on (03) 5331 3066 to request your Exercise Physiology appointment.